Personal data is any information that relates to you as a natural person, for example: name and surname, unique identification number, telephone number, location data, identifier via the Internet, i.e. personal data is any information through which a certain natural person can be identified directly or indirectly.
Scientific Foundation SPIROSKI, Skopje with headquarters at Rajko Zhinzifov No 48, owner of the domain, https://foundationspiroski.eu/ is the only controller to which your personal data may be submitted, all in order to realize the relationship with you and respond to your requests.
The Policy governs the right to privacy and security of personal data that is subject to processing. Please read the Policy and check it from time to time as we reserve the right to change according to our activities and changes.
If you have questions regarding the points covered by this Policy, you can contact our Personal Data Protection Officer, Mirko Spiroski, at the following email: email@example.com and/or at +389 70 255155.
A potential donor who has registered for bone marrow donation can at any time submit a request for his data to be deleted from our database. You can do that by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, on the mobile number +389 71 212233, or on the free phone number 0800 08888.
We can collect data related to the following categories of persons:
Visitors to our website https://foundationspiroski.eu/, potential donors and persons who have already donated stem cells.
Identification data: EMBG, first name, last name, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, address for delivery of swab kit and additional documentation.
Personal data about body condition: height, weight (providing your height and weight is really important to make sure it's OK for you to join the registry and help us find potential donors), health status and history.
Website visit data: information about web pages of the website visited by the User, web pages that redirect the User to the website, web pages that the User visited through links presented on the website, date and time of those visits, IP address of the user/IP address of the device computer/tablet/phone from which the visit is made, type of internet browser used by the User, keywords used by the User when searching the directory.
We process your personal data in accordance with the positive legal regulations in the Republic of North Macedonia.
Personal data is collected directly from you when you register as a potential donor.
Once we receive your information, there are various ways we might use it to ensure we give you the best experience possible. These include:
Provision of services and internal processing of information
- Entering and managing your data if you decide to join the marrow donor registry of the Scientific Foundation SPIROSKI and its partners or as a potential donor for research and development of products in cell and gene therapies
- If you are selected as a potential donor, we contact or track you through your GP, other doctors or companies that offer data tracking services. Only a minimal amount of contact details are shared with our tracking service companies
- Provision of the product or service you wish to use or any information about it (in this particular case the service is from you if you become a potential donor and wish to donate stem cells cells)
- Verifying, updating and improving our records to make sure we have the correct information or if we need additional information about you being a potential stem cell donor or a potential donor for research and development of cell therapy products and genes (with your prior consent)
- Processing sales transactions, donations or other payments and verifying financial transactions
- Solving and fixing problems with the website, including when we want to improve your user experience
Managing and improving our relationships with supporters
- You inform us about any new products or services, news about Scientific Foundation SPIROSKI and other ways in which you can help us in our rescue work. We will use your data in order to customize and improve our communication with you.
- We will contact you about all fundraising events of the Scientific Foundation SPIROSKI that you have registered for, so that we can provide you with information and support
- that our communications are timely and relevant so that you only receive the information you want. We will analyze data from our database so that we can better understand our supporters.
This activity helps us understand the background of the people who support us and helps us make appropriate requests to supporters who may have funds and want to give more. You can opt out of the use of your data by contacting the mobile number +389 71 212233, the free phone number 0800 08888 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com;
- We ask you to support our rescue work through a fundraising request, provided we have a legal basis to do so
- We invite you to participate in voluntary surveys, campaigns or research (either internally or by another company) to learn more about demographics, interests and the behaviors of our supporters
- Where you have agreed to receive email or SMS marketing communications from us, we may provide your email address or mobile phone number in encrypted format to social media companies such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or YouTube, or to digital advertising networks that are providing services to us by displaying our advertising to you on those social media platforms and other websites, and identifying audiences with interests similar to yours. You can opt out of using your data to display ads to you by contacting the mobile number +389 71 212233, the free phone number 0800 08888 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- However, this will not prevent our ads from are shown to you on a randomized basis or based on cookie data and may mean you stop receiving marketing communications from us more generally.
Answering any questions or problems
- Answering any questions or complaints you make.
- Improving or reviewing the service we provide to you and meeting your training needs
- Conducting statistical analysis and research using, where possible, anonymized data.
Fulfilling our legal obligations
- Using information for audit purposes
- If we are under a legal obligation to use or disclose information about you, for example, where we are ordered to by a court or regulatory body or we are legally required to keep details of a Gift Aid donor's transaction or accounting/tax purposes.
- When we consider you as a potential contributor or volunteer from when you complete an application
- Transfer of information to any entity that may acquire rights with us (for example, as a result of a merger with another foundation)
- For any other purpose for which you have previously provided consent
Whenever we process your personal data, we have a legal basis for that processing. The legal basis for the processing of your personal data may be:
Your consent – This applies when you provide your personal data and agree to us processing them in order to provide you with a specific service, for example:
- You may receive marketing communication from our side.
- We may use your identification, contact, preferences and user profile data to find out which products, services and marketing promotions would be of interest to you, only with your consent.
- You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent through an opt-out option whenever you receive marketing offers via email.
In addition, to withdraw your consent to marketing offers, you can contact our Personal Data Protection Officer, Mirko Spiroski at the following email: email@example.com and/or phone number +389 70 255155.
Fulfillment of contract – This applies when you provide us with your personal data to become a potential donor or when you wish to make a donation.
Our legitimate interests – This applies when you provide us with your personal data and we use it to:
We may use your personal data to ensure that our websites/apps work properly and are safe and secure.
To answer your questions and requests.
Fulfillment of any legal requirements or for statistical purposes.
To comply with a specific legal obligation – This applies when you provide us with your personal data that we need to keep for our legal reasons (for example, when you buy a certain product, we need to keep your transaction information to comply with our tax and financial reporting obligations).
Access will always be controlled on a need-to-know basis and will only be provided where necessary to provide you with the requested services or to allow us to perform any necessary or legitimate functions. Where permitted, we may also share some of your personal data, including data collected through cookies, to match and update the information you share with us, perform statistics based on your characteristics, and customize our communications to you.
We rely on trusted third parties to carry out a range of business operations on our behalf. We only provide them with the necessary information to perform the service and request that they do not use your personal data for any other purpose. We always make our best efforts to ensure that all third parties we work with will keep your personal data secure.
Personal data will not be transferred to third countries outside the European Union or the European Economic Area.
In cases where the SPIROSKI Science Foundation transfers personal data to third countries outside the borders of the European Union or the European Economic Area, we take appropriate measures to ensure that an appropriate level of personal data protection is applied during the transfer, through the conclusion of agreements for the processing of personal data ( the standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission or the Agency for the protection of personal data, other contractual clauses or protective mechanisms).
We will keep your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the requested service/s or to satisfy commercial and legal obligations. To determine the retention period of your personal data, we take into account several criteria to ensure that we do not keep your personal data longer than necessary. Those criteria are the following:
The purpose for which we keep your personal data;
Our legal and regulatory obligations relating to that personal data, for example obligations arising from financial operations and financial reporting;
Our legitimate business interests in connection with the management of our own rights, for example, the defense of any legal claims or for statistical purposes.
In particular, we retain certain personal data for the following periods:
When you purchase products and services, we retain your personal data for the duration of our contractual relationship;
When you have consented to receive marketing communications, we retain your personal data until you: (i) request that we delete your personal data or until you withdraw your consent to receive marketing communications; or (ii) after a certain period of inactivity (ie when you have not communicated with us for a period of time);
When cookies are placed on your computer, they are kept for as long as necessary to achieve their purposes (for example, for the duration of a session for shopping cart cookies or session identification cookies).
When we no longer need to use your personal data, it will be removed from our system and records, or it will be anonymized so that you can no longer be identified through it.
You, as subjects of personal data, have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data;
- Right of access to personal data and their copy;
- Right to correction and deletion of personal data if they are incomplete and incorrect, processed in an illegal manner and the purpose of their processing is fulfilled;
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data, if you dispute their accuracy for the time it takes us to check their accuracy, the processing is unlawful, but you object to their deletion and request the restriction of their use, they do not need to be stored any longer by us party, but are necessary for the fulfillment of your legal requirements, you object to their processing based on our legitimate interests until it is confirmed that they prevail over your interests as a subject of personal data;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data when it is processed on the basis of our legitimate interest. You have the right to object at any time to processing for direct marketing and profiling related to direct marketing;
- The right to data portability, that is, to receive your personal data in a structured machine-readable format or to be transferred to another company, which is provided in an automated manner, based on a contract or your consent.
For additional information and/or exercise of your rights for the protection of personal data, you can contact our Officer for the protection of personal data, Mirko Spiroski at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or at the telephone number +389 70 255155.
The data necessary for the realization of donations and payment operations are mandatory, otherwise the donation will not be able to be carried out.
We may use an automated decision-making process, including profiling in the process of processing your personal data based on previously given consent for marketing activities. We may analyze your personal data based on demographic data, search data, purchase history. Based on this analysis, we can give you a specific offer for certain products.
If you have any questions regarding automated decision-making, you are free to contact us via the contact details of the Personal Data Protection Officer listed above.
You have the right to submit an objection to the Personal Data Protection Agency (AZLP) against the processing of your personal data if you believe that your right to personal data protection has been violated. You can exercise this right by submitting a Request to AZLP, through the following contact email: email@example.com or by visiting their website: https://dzlp.mk/prizlnlp.